Friday, June 20, 2014

10% off Calligraphy workshop

When I was planning my wedding, I really wanted to teach myself calligraphy so that I could handwrite my place names etc. I bought a little kit and tried learning from a book, but I couldn't believe how tricky it was, and got pretty frustrated, until I eventually gave up!

If it's something you've always fancied having a go at yourself then I would suggest taking a class in it rather than trying my method! If you are based in London, then I have just the thing! The lovely Quill London are hosting a modern calligraphy workshop on Saturday 19th July at the Blacksmith and Toffeemaker pub near Angel (see pic below, looks lovely) The Class costs £36 but Quill is offering Patchwork Harmony readers 10% off using the code PATCH10 when you book. The price includes an essential calligraphy kit which you can take away with you, plus a light afternoon tea. Sounds like a perfect afternoon out to me!

If you fancy it, you can BOOK HERE.

calligraphy workshop by Quill London
The Blacksmith and Toffeemaker pub, London

calligraphy workshop by Quill London

calligraphy workshop by Quill London
Ooh! and while you are in the Islington area, you should check out the brand new Cafe Smug. It's a new venture by the owner of Smug, the shop, situated in Camden Passage, one of my favourite streets in London. Beautifully styled with vintage furniture, enamelware and colourful ceramics, it will definitely get your creative juices flowing before heading to the calligraphy class! Just don't get distracted by all those lovely shops down Camden Passage! :) 

Cafe Smug, Camden Passage, Islington

Cafe Smug, Camden Passage, Islington

I'd love to be able to pop along to the class myself but I think I'm going to be pretty busy with the baby (arrival imminent!) but I'd love to hear if anyone goes along and how you got on! 

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Your room is gorgeous!!!! With the lovely sitting area and tables and beautiful tea set…I could spend all day in there!
    Interior Design Idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad used to be a calligrapher, he was really good! i've always wanted to give it a go, but i feel like i'd get really frustrated too.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover