Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My big news for 2014!

There seems to be an awful lot going on in my life at the minute; working on the next issue of 91 Magazine, meeting all my freelance deadlines and our kitchen renovation are all keeping me very busy. BUT, the biggest and most exciting thing happening to me at the moment.... I'm expecting a baby!!

knitted baby booties
knitted baby booties by Bye Bye Birdie
I've been desperate to share the news on here since I found out way back in November, and have often found it hard to blog, not only because of first trimester tiredness but because I found it hard not to mention the news! It's such a huge thing, especially when it's your first, that it is SO hard to keep it secret!!

I'm now four months in, and everything seems to be going well so far (touch wood) and I'm feeling really well now I'm into the 2nd trimester. I'm hugely excited but also slightly scared, as I must admit I don't know much about babies, but I suppose lots of people feel like that.

I haven't yet bought anything for the baby, we plan to find out the sex at my next scan, so probably after that I will start buying bits and pieces, although I've been well warned not to go mad as there's lots of things you don't need, and I've been advised cheap clothing is best at the start as they tend to get ruined. But this hasn't stopped me browsing the internet for lovely things and ideas for the nursery!

my fave baby buys
Clockwise: Elephant print - Seventy Tree / Babygrow - Corby Tindesticks / Bib - Corby Tindersticks / Wallpaper - This Modern Life / Knited toy - Donna Wilson / Cot bumper - Nubie

pastel coloured nursery
via Chloe Fleury blog

mint green nursery
via mama.nu

gold mushroom lamp by Mokkasin
via Mokkasin
cute baby buys
Knitted sheep - Molly Meg / Baby shoes - Scout and Co.
muted baby nursery ideas
Left: via The Socialite Family Right: via Apartment Therapy
I promise not to turn Patchwork Harmony into a baby blog, but of course there might be the odd nursery related post here and there! :) I'd love any tips you have on your fave websites for nursery and lovely baby things! It's definitely my new obsession!

xxx

28 comments:

  1. Ohhh lovely news massive congratulations on your fab news! Such an exciting time and so many gorgeous things out there to buy for bubba! Enjoy this special time - I'm 8 months with my 2nd - my little girl is now 2 and time has flown - life is hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations Caroline!!! Big hugs to you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Caroline, fantastic news! Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, I have just found this blog through another site, will be popping back. Great blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's lovely news Caroline, many congratulations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That's lovely news, I thought I saw some baby stuff appearing on your Pinterest... :) Enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations - great news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. It's a very special and exciting time. Enjoy it and indulge yourself! I really enjoyed getting the nursery and everything together for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my comment just disappeared... Anyway, again, BIG congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you :) I can't wait to see your child related projects (mini things are so exciting!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations my lovely such fantastic news xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I can't wait to follow along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing news! Congratulations, I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely news - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww CONGRATULATIONS!! Your baby is going to have the prettiest room!! I now really want an origami rabbit head. Might try and persuade the bf that we'll need a baby to go with it :p xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely news! All the best for you and your little one! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh congrats :) Can't wait to see what you do for a nursery! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such wonderful news, congratulations. Love all the nursery pics.
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/01/diy-shawl-pin-with-buttons.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there, congratulations, just found your blog - it is lush! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Je suis ce blog depuis longtemps et je reste toujours charmée!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! I was soooo hoping that was what you were going to say when I saw the picture! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful nursery photos, huge congratulations to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my lord congratulations to both of you!!! that is such a good news, my goodness you are going to get busy young lady, but all worth it! I hope pregnancy is going well and you are keeping warm.

    ReplyDelete
  24. “…working on the next issue of 91 Magazine, meeting all my freelance deadlines and our kitchen renovation…” – There are really a lot of things going on with you. Your pregnancy is definitely a good diversion from all the work you have now. I just hope you finish said workloads you have, particularly the kitchen renovation. before you are due. So you can concentrate on being a mom afterwards.

    Arthur @ ContractorExpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover